- Sunday, 18 September 2016
One of the most valuable food additive, Himalayan salt is the healthiest and purest salt in the world. It was used as a trade good in Korea, while in Rome soldiers were paid with Himalayan salt. From previously said we can conclude that this salt even in ancient times was rare and highly praised ingredient.
Himalayan salt does not cause high blood pressure because unlike the ordinary salt, it doesn’t increase the potassium and sodium concentration in the blood. From this text you will learn how to use it and what are its healthy properties.
Himalayan salt- composition
For maintaining the proper electrolyte concentration in balance, sodium is essential nutritive element. It also helps in regulating blood pressure as well as normal muscle function. It is rich in 84 components that are also found in human body so it provides the body with all the important vitamins and minerals.
These minerals in the Himalayan salt are easily digested because they are too small. Because of its specific molecular structure rich in iron, calcium, magnesium and sodium it keeps our cells healthy.
Originated in Himalayan caves where is still obtained with manual removal after which is washed, this salt is old more than 250 million years.
Before it is placed in organic bags, the salt is dried in the sun. Organic bags are used in order to keep its purity and healthy properties. Because of its quite strong flavor it is used in smaller amounts so daily salt intake is reduced with using this type of salt which is much healthier.
Except being beneficial for regulating high blood pressure it can also improve poor blood circulation in arms and legs about which you can read in the text bellow.
Himalayan salt as a medicine
This salt, also known as the white gold, is thought to be highly valuable and was consumed mainly by well situated people. The highest quality rocks were crushed and used for making table salt and the large salt is used for preparing relaxing bath and for other treatments as well.
Here are some of its health benefits:
- Regulating the level of electrolytes and water in the body.
- Regulates the blood sugar level and prevents diabetes.
- It helps in normalizing the digestive processes and metabolism
- Regulating the level of electrolytes and water in the body.
- Strengthens bones, especially in children.
- Regenerates brain cells and helps in improving concentration and better sleep.
- Prevents aging
- It can also be used for inhalation in cases of sore throat, sinus problems, bronchitis asthma or bronchitis.
- Supports health respiratory tract, especially the sinuses.
- Improves blood circulation and maintains vascular system health.
- It affects blood purification and detoxification.
- Balances the pH of the cells.
- Proper liver and kidneys function.
- Prevents dehydration of the organism and it is easily absorbed
- Improves the entire energy level of the body, mood, and positive thinking
- Prevents muscle cramps.
- No negative effect – it does not harm our stomach and kidneys, as well as other organs. When using the Himalayan salt the meals taste more natural and delicious. In addition, Himalayan lamp reduces the harmful electromagnetic radiation and is recommended to be kept close to the TV and the computer.
Himalayan salt bath
Try adding this salt in your bath. Our biggest organ –the skin health is linked with the health of the internal organs. With using this salt, all the minerals are absorbed in the body through the skin, bio-energy points are stabilized, and the energy flow is triggered.
Baths with Himalayan salt are especially beneficial for following conditions:
- Rheumatism and diseases of the joints,
- Insect bites, wounds and blisters,
- Gynecological problems,
- For skin irritations,
- In post-operative recovery,
- Various skin diseases.
- Salt bath detox can be paralleled with three days of fasting. If you want to have greater effect when using this salt in your bath you need to pay attention on the salt concentration in the water which should resemble the one in the body.In 30 L of water dissolve 30 grams of Himalayan salt.
Because the average bath is filled with 100-120 L of water, you need about 1.2 g of this salt to prepare it properly. The water temperature should be around 37 degrees. Except using Himalayan salt do not add nothing else.
Stay in the bath for half an hour, than wipe with clean towel and relax at least 40 min.
Himalayan salt- price and where to buy
Average price goes from 1 to 3 dollars depending on its weight and packing. It can be found in almost every health food store, herbal pharmacies and online.
How to use Himalayan salt soap
Himalayan salt soap is made of 100% crustal salt and some other supplements. It can be used as deodorant, against cellulite, herpes and is especially beneficial for dry skin.
At the beginning you may feel tingling because the skin is irritated but it is nothing serious and will stop after a few minutes. The tingling sensation is caused by skin detox. There is no need to use creams and other soaps if you start using Himalayan salt soap.
Himalayan salt for acne
You can also use this salt against acne, rashes and against other skin problems. In the morning prepare a mixture with 3l of water with 100 g of Himalayan salt. Cool the mixture and use it throughout the day. Don’t forget to exfoliate your skin before any treatment.
You can make a peeling with Himalayan salt dissolved in essential or base oils by your choice. Use slow and tender movements while you rub the mixture into the skin so you will experience the best effects from the oil and the salt together.
The effect will be better if your pores are opened so the minerals from the salt can be better absorbed. After the treatment, the skin is smooth and soft because of the minerals. The exfoliation procedure should be done once or twice a week, but you must clean your face every day if you want to solve your skin problems.
Himalayan salt- recipes
Himalayan salt -nose and sinuses
For this solution you need ½ l water and one small teaspoon of Himalayan salt. You can use an old syringe for nose, to dissolve the salt in water.
Your nose mixture is ready when you notice that the salt crystals are deposited on the container bottom and stopped dissolving. After spraying in each nostril you will start breathing easier.
How you can use Himalayan salt?
Himalayan salt can be used for solving these problems as well
- For sore throat, gargle with saline solution, but do not swallow it.
- For nausea caused by travelling, place a cloth with Himalayan salt around your neck.
- For problems with fungus on your feet, soak your feet in a saline solution.
- For ear infection, you can use the saline solution as well.
Himalayan salt lamp
These lamps are something you must have in your home, because they are highly beneficial and more useful than ordinary lamps as their artificial light is the healthiest.
Himalayan salt lamp is the right choice against many health problems as depression, chronic fatigue, asthma, seasonal allergies etc. And what is even more important- it’s an exceptional Feng Shui detail. Place this kind of lamp in your office and in your child’s room.
How does the Himalayan salt lamp work?
Negative ions are emitted when the salt crystals are heated which are beneficial for our health and act like a natural air cleaner. This lamp lasts forever and is a perfect gift for someone special.
These lamps can be fund online and their price is about 20 dollars and more.