- Saturday, 28 January 2017
You must have a healthy gut if you want to have a healthy body overall. Maintaining a healthy digestive system has been proven to be key when improving your diet and losing weight;
1. Turmeric : You can incorporate it through foods in your diet, through the actual spice itself found in the spice section at the grocery store or through capsule form found alongside many other herbal supplements. Take it consistently, however, as this is key in terms of obtaining the benefits associated with the herb.
2. Ginger : Ginger is good for digestion and cleaning out your system. Your options of consuming ginger are numerous. You can obtain them easily in capsule form, of course. However, you can drink ginger teas or consume ginger root directly incorporated in various foods.
3. Lemon or Lime : Lemon is chock full of vitamin C and electrolytes. The idea can sound odd, but it is recommended that you drink lemon first thing in the morning in a cup of warm water. You can do this in lieu of your morning coffee, but you can have that coffee after consuming your warm lemon water.
4. Mint : Mint is also an excellent way to cleanse your palate following a meal. Freeze some mint in ice cubes on a warm day, and you have added digestive benefits to your water.
5. Bananas : You see runners eating bananas all the time following a tough race, and there is a reason for this food choice. Bananas are high in fiber content, especially insoluble fiber, which is a specific type of fiber that helps digest food and regulates your bowel movements.