- Saturday, 25 March 2017
When it comes to housecleaning, anything that makes the process easier is always welcome. That's why we've collected these 17 useful tricks for you. No more excuses not to do that spring cleaning now...
1) Electric kettle limescale buildup : Pour equal amounts of water and vinegar into your kettle. Now turn it on, let it come to a half-boil, and turn it off. Repeat this process one more time and your kettle will look as good as new.
2) Stains on the couch : Mix a teaspoon of baking soda, 1/3 cup of vinegar, a little hot water (not boiling) and detergent powder, and rub the paste on the stain. To freshen up the fabric, use baking soda. Simply sprinkle a little on the dry sofa, leave it for a couple of hours, and then vacuum with the vacuum cleaner. Voila! A sofa free from nasty stains and odors.
3) Old mop : If you're going to clean your house but your old mop has seen better days, you don't have to buy another one: use terrycloth socks to do the job instead. Isn't that an original idea?
4) Oven trays : Rub a little salt on the tray and wipe it off with a paper towel. That crusty buildup will be history!
5) Clean taps : To keep chrome surfaces shiny longer, wipe them with waxed paper or baking paper. Cleaning the bathroom has never been so easy.
6) Oven cleaning : Clean the stains on the front of your oven with a cloth dipped in olive oil and then wipe dry. Looks like new!
7) Scorched pan : Pour some water in the pan, add a little vinegar and turn on the heat. When it begins to boil, remove it from the stove and pour in some baking soda. Remove the water when the chemical reaction produced by the baking soda is finished. If any stains remain, rub a little baking soda over them.
8) Shining glass : Make your glasses glisten by washing them with a few drops of vinegar, or by rubbing them with a little salt and then letting them dry without wiping them.
9) Dirty Cups : Make a mixture of water and vinegar in equal parts and pour it into your cups. Let the mix work for an hour and then wash the cups with a sponge. Those stains will be gone!
10) Polish the iron : Place parchment paper on a wooden cutting board and pour on plenty of salt. Then turn on the iron, let it heat and move it swiftly over the salt for one minute.
11) Clean drains : Mix baking soda and salt evenly and pour it into the drain. Now pour in some vinegar, wait 15 minutes and rinse with boiling water.
12) Gleaming white tub : Mix 2 teaspoons of soda ash with 2 teaspoons of baking soda and rub it over the wet tub. Ten minutes later, mix 2 oz of vinegar with 2 oz of bleach and pour it over the previous mixture. Let it sit for half and hour and then rinse thoroughly with water. Your bathtub will be whiter than ever!
13) Grease and scorched food remains :Pour plenty of salt in a frying pan and add a little water. Let it soak for 10 minutes and then wash the pan. All done!
14) Pet smell : If your sofa smells a bit like your pet, mix 10 tablespoons of lavender or lemon oil with a teaspoon of baking soda and two glasses of hot water in a spray bottle, shake vigorously and spray the mixture on the fabric. It'll smell like Scruffy was never there!
15) Remove dirt and grease from sponges : Pour 2 cups of hot water and 2 teaspoons of salt into a plastic container, stir a little and leave the sponge in it overnight. You won't believe your eyes when you see it in the morning.
16) Broken egg : If you've dropped an egg on the floor, sprinkle it with salt and leave it for about 15 minutes. Then pick it up with a paper towel. Easy peasy!
17) Shiny sink : If you rub lemon and salt on your sink, it'll shine like new and also give off a fresh aroma.
No one likes to clean, but with these tips it's a lot easier, more natural, and faster. Try them for yourself!